July 15, 2012

Richard Nicoll for Topshop





all - Richard Nicoll for Topshop £75 - £300

As you may remember I reported this collaboration when it was first announced a few months back and have been excitedly awaiting its arrival ever since.  Well girls, it's here, and it's really quite lovely.

Now I'm not getting married (don't worry mum!) but that doesn't stop me lusting after the collection, which launched on Friday.  A collection of seven beautiful gowns, ranging from full length glamour to short and flirty, the design and craftsmanship of Nicoll is clear to see in each and every one - all for a positively bargainous price.

Although I wouldn't wear it to my own nuptials, for a summer party the bottom dress is the icing on the proverbial (wedding?) cake.  Wispy chiffon slips are my weakness and the simplicity of this one is utterly stunning.  Although having said that, I'm far more likely to combine mine with a chunky sweater and a leather jacket.  I'm sure that's not what Rich had in mind when he designed it, but each to their own... 

No comments:

Post a Comment