April 17, 2012

If The Shoe Fits...


all - Zara

You may well have noticed a running theme here, but I can't help it, I am obsessed with shoes.  You could blame the three years I worked in shoe shops, or perhaps the fact that growing up there was nowhere near the choice of footwear there is today, and I would clomp around in heels far too high for daytime due to a lack of attractive flats available (God bless the day they became stylish) and tripped through school in shoes more suitable for men in badly tailored suits than 14 year old girls in kilts.  Remember that scene in Miss Congeniality where the innately annoying blonde comments on Sandra Bullock's man-shoes?  Well, they probably aren't that far off what I wore everyday, and I am traumatised at the memory even now.

I vividly remember the first pair of shoes I liked, really truly liked.  They were plain gold ballet flats, from Marks and Spencer (the sensible shop) and my long-suffering mother bought them for me at the end of a long day shopping because, quite simply, there was no way I was leaving the shop without them.  I wore them every day, non-stop for months, despite the fact that ballet flats are not designed for such substantial use.  Yes, I wore them even with holes in the sole.  Not a good look.

Anyway, I digress.  Apart from the fact that I would probably fall flat on my tush in any one of these beauties, I can't help but love them.  Simple, stylish and bold, these heels would make one helluva statement.  Yup, it's safe to say I'm in love with the neon yellow pair, and they're probably just as unpractical as those gold ballet slippers were.  Although naturally, that makes me want them even more.

(Unfortunately I think I'm past the age now where Mums will buy them for me just so I don't throw a strop...in years if not in maturity.)

No comments:

Post a Comment