March 07, 2012

The One that Got Away.

Last summer, my absolutely favourite piece of clothing was stolen from a bar on a night out.  I owned the ultimate leather jacket.  It was soft, it was just the right side of beaten to a pulp, part suede, part leather and unbelievably loved.  There were tears, desperate daily phone-calls to said bar incase it was returned, and finally, angry acceptance and a rushed replacement.

The Time's Style Mag ran a feature this week on Forever Pieces.  A biker jacket is one of them.  Needless to say, don't I just know it.  Since that day I've gone from wearing said biker jacket everyday, to barely wearing one at all.  It's just not the same, I don't get the same smug feeling slinging it on, it doesn't make me happy, it's just not the one.  And so I keep looking.  

Leather's had a huge, colourful, update this season.  Nude, blue, dusky pink, khaki and cream lovelies beckon, and I'm beginning to think maybe they're the way to go.  They won't be quite the same, but they say change is as good as a rest, right?

1. Acne, 2. AllSaints, 3. Iro
4. Acne, 5. Topshop, 6. Acne


Acne does it again, the dip-dye effect on number one is possibly cool enough to make me forget all about my stolen love.  Possibly.








Source - theyallhateus, fashionmenow, dulceida, buro24/7, googleimages

No one will ever rock a leather like Danny Zuko, but I love Elin's simple style.

The quest continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment